It’s officially spring! Welcoming the spring season is an exciting time for all of us. We get to leave our windows open for some fresh air, escape our hibernation, and embrace the return of the sun we so graciously appreciate after only seeing its glare for a few months in the reflection of heaps of snow. It can be easy to get caught up in the fever of short sleeved clothing that we forget that spring comes with responsibilities along with its blessings. So this year when a drink for the daffodils crashes your plans for a fun day outdoors, take care of this checklist so you can join in the euphoria of perfect weather on another spring day.
- We are constantly reminding our customers on all of our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and even Pinterest) about switching your filter. We don’t highlight this unnecessarily; It really is of the upmost importance. Switching your filter keeps your air clean which in turn will keep you healthy. This is especially important if you have allergies and irritants such as pollen have built up in your filter. Not to mention, a new filter will allow your system to run more efficiently which will save you money in the long run.
- Schedule an air conditioning tune up. It may not seem like a priority when the heat hasn’t quite set in yet, but this could be the best decision you make all year. Setting up an appointment before the summer rush will ensure that your system is running optimally all spring and summer. There’s nothing worse than a sticky summer day without air conditioning!
- With the season change comes a change in the temperature inside as well. Now that you don’t have to cope with the frigid bite of winter (hopefully), make a point to adjust your thermostat settings. If you have a programable thermostat perhaps you don’t need the heat so high in the morning to keep the floors warm to make getting out of bed in the morning a touch more bearable. Taking a moment now to do this will save you from a sweat drenched morning a few weeks down the road.
- Spring cleaning is not just for your heaps of junk in the attic or the fashion mistakes of last year. It also extends to your HVAC system and, more specifically, your ductwork. Clean ductwork is essential for home air quality. Like your filter, dirt, dust, pollen, and other pollutants build up in the passageways and blow into your living space. Make it a priority this season to invest some energy into this simple way to keep your family healthy!
- And, the best for last… Although not recommended for gas fired furnaces, one of the most simple ways to take care of your home in spring is to turn your HVAC system off. Yes you read that right. Turning off your system and cross ventilating your home on a beautiful day will not only improve your health but give your system a nice break. Also, did we mention you’ll save some money? Win!
Spring is the best time of year to start fresh. We hope that this list takes you into the sunny seasons with optimal comfort for you, your family, and your friends!
CPS Heating & Cooling