There are many questions being asked right now and this is one we are hearing a lot of. “Is it safe to have service calls in your home during the pandemic? “ As always, the health and well-being of our customers and staff is our highest priority.
According to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHREA), “Ventilation and filtration provided by heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems can reduce the airborne concentration of SARS-CoV-2 and thus the risk of transmission through the air.” For this reason, it is important to stay up to date on your maintenance plan. As licensed professionals, we can ensure your heating and cooling system is working as effectively and efficiently as possible.
In terms of the steps we are taking to keep you and our staff safe, here is what we are doing:
1. Following the guidelines recommended by the CDC & WHO
2. Wearing gloves when possible and using hand sanitizer
3. Wiping down all surfaces touched (doorknobs, thermostats, light switches, etc.) with disinfecting wipes upon job completion
4. Covering all footwear with disposable booties
5. Instructing staff to remain at home if they exhibit ANY flu or cold-like symptoms and not to return to work until cleared by a medical professional
In turn, we ask you do the following:
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands frequently
- Cover your nose and mouth if you cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Use hand sanitizer
- Clean and disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet or more)
- Remain at home if you exhibit any flu or cold-like symptoms
- Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19
As long as precautions are taken by all parties involved, we feel that we can safely provide great service on your HVAC system.
You can always call on your extended family of dependable heating, cooling, and air quality experts at CPS Heating & Cooling.
Contact us anytime to set up a consultation or call us at 508-460-6691.