With so many options for HVAC systems, it can be challenging to sort through them all and decide which one is right for your business. Every commercial space has different heating and cooling needs and therefore is best suited to a different system. For many of our commercial customers, ductless mini-split systems are an efficient and effective solution for their space.
What is a ductless mini-split system?
A ductless mini-split is a two-part system that provides heating, cooling, and ventilation; no ductwork is needed. An outdoor unit (compressor/condenser) and an indoor unit (air handler) work together to provide all of the same benefits as a ducted system. For buildings with multiple rooms, each room or zone will require its own indoor unit to regulate the temperature of that space.
What commercial space is a ductless mini-split best suited?
Ductless mini-splits work best in small commercial spaces or those that have many rooms within a larger building. If you are looking to cool a large, open structure such as a warehouse, a ductless mini-split is probably not the best choice. Also, if there is already a traditional ducted HVAC system in place, it is usually most cost-effective to stay with that set-up.
Many of the business owners we work with who use offices favor the ductless mini-split due to its ability to allow each room to be heated or cooled at a different temperature, accommodating for individual needs. For more information about how to save money on heating and cooling bills for your office, click here.
Also, many restaurant owners choose ductless systems, installing units in buildings that lack ductwork, on screened-in patios and enclosed decks. If you are unsure if a mini-split is the right choice for you, give us a call or book a consultation.
What are the benefits of a ductless mini-split system?
- They only require two installations (one for the indoor unit and one for the outdoor unit) with a small hole in the wall connecting the two.
- Many businesses can have their heating and cooling system up and running within the day.
- Adding ductwork to a building can become costly, so you can save some money upfront by choosing a ductless system.
- Ductless mini-splits are extremely energy efficient, so by choosing them, you can save money on your electricity bill while simultaneously helping the environment. Energy Star certified ductless heat pumps use 60% less energy than standard electric heating systems.
- These units provide excellent air quality. Each indoor air-handling unit has a built-in filter that removes allergens and pollutants from the air. Not sure if your business has poor air quality? Learn more about the benefits of an indoor air quality test here.
- Ductless mini-splits allow each room to be set to a different temperature which means that you, your employees, and customers can find the optimal temperature for comfort.
We’ve detailed many options in our previous blog post if you are looking for ways to save money on your commercial building’s energy bill.
If you are considering a ductless mini-split system for your commercial space have a licensed HVAC professional evaluate your set-up for the most cost and energy efficient options. Get an estimate now on our website!
We hope you found this article helpful, and we look forward to continuing to ensure your comfort and safety. Thank you for choosing CPS.
If you are in need of more information or would like to schedule your consultation, you can reach us at 508-460-6691 or fill out this form.